Tuesday 8 May 2012

BoBelle London's CEO presents Drapers Award

On Thursday 3rd May (where has this year gone?!) it was the annual Drapers Footwear Awards, and this year was very special as they brought in Accessories, too.

The judging was back in March - I was among companies such as Schuh, Marks and Spencer, Secret Sales and others. It was a great day and the calibre of entries was very high. We spent the whole day (fuelled with fresh croissants, tea and then macaroons) making notes, debating on each brand and then finally selecting our winners. We weren't allowed to say anything, obviously, so it has been over a month of keeping stchum!

The Awards night itself was fantastic. As you can imagine, I was the presenter for the Accessories Award and was honoured to present such a prestigious title. I arrived punctually at 18.30h for our rehearsal and managed to take a lovely picture of the backdrop and Ballroom where the Awards took place at the stunning Grosvenor Hotel on Park Lane:



The above photo was quickly taken before all of the guests arrived. On the menu was flowing champagne followed by a three course delight: British seared asparagus with parma ham, fillet of beef with dauphinoise potatoes and chocolate torte. Yum.

After a busy, busy day of BoBelle-ing (more on that soon) I had to rush home at 16h and begin the preparations of beautyfying myself. Having tried on several dresses I finally selected my gorgeous purple slim line dress, Bulgari necklace, Christian Louboutin faithfuls and my piece de resistance, our brand new Cocktail Hour Clutch. Ladies (and gents), I give you a sneek preview of what is to come at BoBelle London:




I was on stage with Emma Hill (comparing our chosen red-soled footwear) when I presented the Best Designer for Accessories. I couldn't not put up a picture of our gorgeous new clutch though, soon to launch in June.

For up-to-date details on the new launch keep reading here, on our Facebook, Twitter and sign up for our newsletter. Things are hotting up at BoBelle London, be sure not to miss out.....

No comments: