Wednesday 7 September 2011

Keeping up appearances

I have a lot of people contact me regarding growing their business and getting their name out to the masses. I wish I had a magic answer that made the process easy, believe me. Unfortunately that is not the case. How have I grown BoBelle, and how am I still doing it? It is through sheer determination and hard work. The thing is, when you are growing a brand you become so engrossed in its being, that you forget the one thing that takes time - TRUST.



That little word is so overpowering and is more valuable than most entrepreneurs realise. Look at what you are wearing - you chose those clothes because you know the brand. What computer are you typing on? I bet you chose it because of its brand credentials. What mobile do you have? I bet your friends have either a BlackBerry or an iphone. Why? Branding and Trust. Do you know how long it took Apple to reach the stage that it is at? Over 20 years. Do you know that Primark had been trading for over 30 years before they came over to the UK and took the country by storm? Did you know that Cath Kidston, Emma Bridgewater and others started out the same way I did; on market stalls? In the words of the infamous Anya Hindmarch, " you have to hit through those brick walls and bash them down".



Growing BoBelle has been the hardest thing I have done - but the most invigorating. Trust really is everything. You have to believe in yourself and your brand in order for that trust to follow. Trust only comes in time...but it needs constant daily nurturing in this climate. It will be worth it though - when I think back to where I was 2 years ago, I smile as it is me who has made all of the changes and developments with my brand, and it makes me incredibly proud and determined to keep going (especially when you get great press, such as the below):


"Whatever your autumn uniform, know thyself, sort it - then add a satchel", Hannah Betts, The Telegraph, writes famously about her love of BoBelle London's new Brackenbury Satchel. Buy HERE.






No comments: