Monday 19 September 2011

LFW (en route via M&M's world....)

Having had a fabulous newtworking lunch with those wonderful ladies from Kleinwort Benson, I thought I would stroll the 2 and a something miles through Mayfair and central London to view some of the collections at LFW. It was a glorious day and whilst ambling through the crowds at Regent Street down to Piccadilly and beyond, what do I stumble across but the biggest M&M's shop ever - in fact its proper name is 'M&S's World'. Wow. I used to love M&M's as a child! Just in case you hadn't seen this chocolate haven, have a peek here:

Isn't it amazing what a brand can do? The layout was oh-so-clever as you had to go downstairs to get to where the actual sweets are, thus having to walk through the cushions, mugs and toys in order to get there (increasing your chances of buying something on the way). Not to mention passing the lady at the front who asks if you'd like a basket. Really, very clever layout.
Having satisfied my chocolate fix without actually purchasing any (I may be a fan of business and strategies, but paying over £2.00 for 100g of M&M's is just robbery! As if they advertised the price anyhow, that was only divulged when you got to the till and realise your child has totted up a £20 bag of chocolate...) Anyway, I was off to LFW to enjoy the exhibitions and to enjoy a cheeky cocktail or two with a friend of mine (who is so lucky as not only does she go to the Burberry and Mulberry shows, she also received a personal invite from Erdem. I was not jealous....obviously).
The day was stunning with bright blue skies and wonderful, wonderful fashion:
I haven't yet been to New York fashion week, so I cannot really comment, but all I can say is 'wow' to the setting for LFW - where else is simply more breath takingly eye catching than Somerset House? Truly stunning. BoBelle London has some gorgeous new accessories launching for the Christmas period and our new website (launched NOW!) is set to be a real winner with you all, I think.....Fashion is very important to us Brits and I hope my London label is loved by you all for its sleek and classic designs, amazing quality finishing and subtle branding. The economy might be a little wobbly right now, but invest in all things long-lasting, such as those accessories from BoBelle London, and you will thank yourself in years to come. Great Britain has to nurture new businesses and designers to help push through this tough time - LFW is so monumental and deserves all of the fabulous attention it gets. Long let it reign.

2 comments:

Natalia | Look-A-Porter said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Just found you blog and will be off to have a look at your collection as soon as I finish typing.
x

BoBelle London said...

Thanks so much! I hope you enjoy reading my blog - off to NYC on Saturday so no doubt there will be lots to tell!!

Please let me know what you think about the new website! x